We provide specialist advice in relation to Debt and Welfare Benefits. We offer representation at court and at social security tribunals, subject to availability. Our advice is free, independent, impartial and confidential.
We offer a signposting service to other local agencies for areas of law that are outside the scope of our expertise.
Some examples of the work we do:
- Income maximisation
- Form filling, such as benefit claims
- Help with budgeting
- Contacting creditors; arranging repayment plans
- Help with applying for Insolvency (e.g.– bankruptcy and Debt Relief Orders)
- Challenging decision, such as welfare benefit appeals or contacting Ombudsman services.
- Court representation, for example in rent and mortgage arrears cases.
- Representation at social security tribunals.