Ablewell Advice was established in 2012 an initiative of the Central Hall Methodist Church in Walsall, West Midlands. Central Hall is a registered charity.
Our philosophy is:
“People-centred, putting the client and their needs first”
Although we are linked to the Methodist Church our services are available to any Walsall resident, regardless of their faith background.
We are members of Advice UK, the UK’s largest support network for free, independent advice centres. Our experienced debt advisers are also members of the Institute of Money Advisors.
- Vicki ClackenOur trainee adviser, Vicki, joined us in August 2020. She is currently being trained up to deliver benefits and debt advice and takes the lead on the completion of disability benefit and Universal Credit claims.
- Keely GabrielProject Manager Keely joined the team in August 2016 after over 10 years as a debt and benefits caseworker with Citizens Advice. Her role includes building partnerships with local organisations, promoting the service and supervising our advice provision. Keely is also a qualified teacher and leads the delivery of our school workshops.
- Ian ChiltonJob Club Coordinator. Responsible for overseeing our job club and computer skills training, Ian joined us in December 2016. Ian provides 1-2-1 support for people looking for work and delivers many of our workshops.
- Kath PanayiAdviser Kath joined us in September 2017. She joins us from a local Citizens Advice Bureau so brings with her extensive knowledge of debt, benefits and housing. Kath provides advice at our main office and at our Outreach at Bridging the Gap in Willenhall. Kath is also able to offer advice in Greek.
- Cherish TaylorAs our Office Co-ordinator, Cherish welcomes clients to our reception and oversees the smooth running of the office and foodbank. She joined us as a volunteer in June 2017 before becoming a member of our paid team in January 2019.