Foodbank and Office Coordinator
(16.5 hours per week, £10.77 per hour)
We are seeking a proactive and organised individual to join the Ablewell team. Ablewell Advice Walsall is an initiative of the Central Hall Methodist Church. Central Hall is a registered charity.
We provide specialist advice in relation to debt and welfare benefit matters. We are a distribution centre for the Black County Foodbank and also offer a computer suite facility for Walsall residents who are seeking work. Our opening hours are 9.30am – 3pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The post holder would work 5.5 hours per day between 9am and 3pm (the exact hours will be agreed with the successful candidate).
Our food bank also opens on Saturdays from 11am until 1pm. There is an opportunity for the postholder to work some Saturdays during these hours, paid as additional overtime.
The successful candidate’s duties would include:
- To be the first point of contact for all people using Ablewell Advice Walsall – in person or by telephone/email.
- To oversee and co-ordinate the smooth running of the premises.
- To co-ordinate and maintain efficient and professional office systems to support the delivery of all Ablewell Advice Walsall services
- To co-ordinate the running of the foodbank, including responsibility for, and management of, volunteers
We are seeking someone who:
- Is trustworthy and comfortable with handling confidential information
- Enjoys working as part of a small team
- Is flexible and adaptable
- Has experience of working in a client-facing role
- Is sympathetic to the Christian ethos of our organisation.
For an application pack or if you have any queries, please contact Keely Gabriel, Project Manager on 01922 639 700 or by email to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday, 4th July 2022 at 11am (we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive a large number of applications)
The interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held in the week commencing 11th July 2022.
Ablewell Advice Walsall, The Central Hall, Ablewell Street, Walsall WS1 2EQ www.ablewelladvice.org.uk